Sunday 13 May 2012

Some of this week's meals

Chilli - super quick and easy: just sautee some mince and add taco seasoning, a drained can of kidney beans and a jar of salsa. We had it with rice, salsa flavoured corn chips, a smidge of sour cream and a sprinkle of cheese.

Easy crustless spinach and feta pie (link to recipe)
(A new-to-us recipe which I will make again.)
I made this recipe for lunch and it was YUM! I halved the recipe, made it in a small pie dish and ate half of it for lunch.
The only changes I made to the recipe were:
- used a small onion (and sauteed it) rather than spring onions as I didn't have any
- I used fresh spinach instead of frozen, but chopped it and wilted it down with the onions
- don't know what "Asiago cheese" is so I used grated parmesan as I always have a tub of it in the freezer
- left out the dill
- regular flour instead of wholewheat

Homemade WW sausage rolls (link to recipe)
(A new-to-us recipe which I will make again.)
I could not believe how much Noah ate! He didn't like them at first - they are drier than regular sausage rolls (much less fat) but then Grant got him to try them dipped in a little ketchup and he loved it. I served them with gravy and steamed carrots, peas and corn.

Homemade pizza for the boys, while Grant and I had homemade Weight Watchers friendly meals out of the freezer (bobotie and brown rice).

Lightened Up Cheesy Pastitsio (link to recipe)
(A new-to-us recipe which I will make again.)

No comments: